Sunday, October 31, 2021

October Blog

 I spent my afternoon volunteering at Second Harvest Food Bank. I helped unload pallets of canned goods so we can package them for families. Of course, I can never forget labeling a can of diced rotel tomatoes and out of nowhere they turned on the radio and I left there with a song from Alvin and the Chipmunks stuck in my head, "I told the witch doctor, I was in love with you; Doh, doh, doh, doh; And then the witch doctor, he told me what to do; He told me; Ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang". Needless to say, it was a fun and rewarding experience helping out the organization and learning its mission. I never knew 1 in 5 households were at risk for hunger so, Second Harvest Food Bank plays a big role in helping households overcome this burden. 


This month felt so short. It seemed like time was escaping from me especially with studying. This last module was on the autonomic nervous system and cardiovascular system. Compared to the beginning of the semester, I can tell I need to adjust some study habits. After talking with a friend that went through the program a few years ago, she advised me the best way to be successful, now that the material is becoming more dense and critical to understanding in your success as a future physician, is by thinking of yourself already in medical school and seeing a patient. She said this helped focus on imagining as if she was applying the material clinically which helped it click. All in all, I feel like coming to Tulane has been an amazing experience so far. I don't think I could have asked to be around better classmates and also professors and faculty who always lift you up and keep encouraging you. Hopefully, things keep going smoothly now that we approach the holidays in Novemeber. 

Community Service Hours: 3 (11:30am - 2:30pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment